Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You Must Be Out Of Your Gourd!

A week ago, the Tech center kids, including me, got to adventure over to the Chesterfield Berry Farm to pick pumpkins to carve. It was fun despite that it was gloomy dreary and on the verge of rainfall.Me and my friends got lost in the corn maze, considering the only help was to answer questions about bees--we didn't know very much about bees.

I'm pretty sure the only reason we got out was because me and Abbey cut through the corn and made our other three friends follow. The fact that i played my ipod and everyone sang Blink-182 songs to each other helped a lot too. We kind of got a little too excited once we found our way out, lets just say there was much rejoicing.
It was time for lunch after that and by lunch i mean two scoops of delicious pumpkin ice cream. I had it for the first time ever there, and my tongue almost jumped out of my mouth and danced from how delicious this stuff was. Imagine pumpkin pie--in ice cream form. I didn't think it was possible to make something as good as pumpkin pie like that, but, they, did it. I think Jesus might have partaken in its creation.

It had a creamy light orange color like a sherbet, but it had brown speckles of ground up ginger snaps, which i think was an ingenious addition because pumpkin and ginger are spectacular together. There was also delicate flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg, they added just enough so that there wasn't a harsh taste that sometimes comes with these intense spices.

After the pumpkin ice cream experience, me and my friends began to geek out over all the animals-- the cows, bunnies, chickens, peacocks, turkeys, and goats. I would just like to say there were bunnies the size of my hand and there were just the cutest little things! Not to mention i got to pet a goat and a cow, my inner child was very very happy.

Pumpkin Ice Cream Freeze:
[recipe taken from Chesterfield Berry Farm, which was taken from "Pillsbury's Entertainment Idea Handbook."]
-1 1/4 c. finely crushed gingersnaps [around 25 cookies]
-1/4 c. granulated sugar
-1/4 c. butter, melted
-4 c. [two pints] vanilla ice cream, softened
-1 c. cooked pie pumpkin meat
-1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
-1/4 tsp. ground ginger
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
Add the gingersnap, sugar, and melted butter together in a medium sized mixing bowl--combine together with a fork until well blended. Reserve 1/2 c. of this mixture. Press the remaining mixture into a 8 or 9" square pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine the ice cream, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla; beat until well combined. Pour on top of the crumb crust in the pan ASAP, then sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Freeze until firm [minimum of four hours.] Scoop out and serve with whipped cream.
Yumminess !

No comments:

Post a Comment